One week out: (click to bigify any of these)

Just before the surgery: hatted up and ready to go! This picture was taken about three minutes before the anesthesiologist got ahold of me ;)!

With Shari just before I got in the car. I was seriously doped up here, but I felt terrific...no pain at all, and only moderate wooziness :)

The confident smile of someone who is loaded with drugs and is not thinking about what's about to hit 'em when they get home!

I expect bravery points for this picture. I don't think everyone would share such scariness with the world! This was moments after I took the turban off and just before the face started swelling. Everything looks fairly normal here except for the hair (and the face needs makeup!)...you can just see a tiny bit of bruising on the one cheek.

The incision at 24 hours post-surgery


48 hours post-surgery: the side of my face has started to swell big-time, and it has a definite greenish tint. I also have a nasty bruise above my lip from the chest tube the anesthesiologist used during surgery. This was taken just before I washed that nasty hair!

Day Four: sitting in the bed, drinking coffee. Laurie and I have matching coffee mugs: she gave this one to me while I was in Oklahoma City, and I have had my coffee from this mug almost every morning this week :)

The incision on Day 6 (Saturday). It has healed very nicely, no ickiness or anything (I'm sure that it helps that I have kept it covered with Neosporin and kept my fingers off of it!!)

With Shari at the HLAA meeting in Nashville yesterday. It was my first day to get out...it was a little harder than I thought it would be, but I'm glad I went :)

Some of the Nashville HLAA group after our Thanksgiving feast! :)

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts