I LOOOOOOOOOOVE..........

...my audiologist!
I e-mailed her yesterday and asked if there was any way we could move my activation date (scheduled for Dec. 12th) up a bit. I told her that I would understand if it just wasn't possible...sometimes her schedule's just really locked up. I have just not had much luck in the hearing department lately, what with Thing 1 and Thing 2 constantly duking it out...and Dec. 12th seemed like a VERY long wait. Doctors across the country have different schedules that they use for activations...most like to wait 2-3 weeks. However, and I think this was due more to scheduling conflicts than anything, my wait was supposed to be nearly five and a half weeks. I mean, I'd take it if that's all they had....no problem....but it never hurts to ask if they can move it up, right?
Susan e-mailed me a little while ago and asked if I could come in on TUESDAY!!! As in, FIVE DAYS FROM NOW, Tuesday!!! I couldn't get in for a post-op checkup with Dr. Haynes until Dec. 6th, so I was halfway afraid that he'd want to see me first, but he gave his blessing for the turn-on (so I love him too!). So right now I am in shock...over the moon...thrilled to death!!!
My parents are leaving for Nicaragua in the morning and won't be back until Wednesday night, so we are recording all of it...if I can figure out how to do the YouTube thing I'll share some of it :)
Today I feel very nearly normal...which, to me, is incredible, since the first time around I felt crummy for weeks. I get tired if I overdo it, and still have a little vertigo (which manifests itself mainly by allowing me to crash into door frames a lot). The incision site barely hurts anymore...in fact, I can lay on it (carefully) for a few minutes here and there, although if I fall asleep on it it's REALLY sore when I wake up. I generally don't think about the incision very much anymore...it's just not a big deal. A TOTAL difference between this time and last time, when the incision made me nearly crazy!
I didn't go to the funeral yesterday, though...hubby had to be there at 10:30, and it was an hour away. I knew that if I went I'd be on the go from 8 AM until bedtime, since we had church last night...and I didn't think I'd last that long. Hubby reassured me that it was fine for me to stay home...but I felt bad about it :( I did pick up Rachel at school yesterday (as long as I don't have to move my head, or I move it SLOWLY, I do OK driving, it seems) and go to church last night (aside from crashing into a door frame in the bathroom, I did great). Tonight we're going to a Bible study at my Mom's. This weekend we don't have a lot of plans...I think at some point we'll go conquer the grocery list....Turkeypalooza is next week, and I have some cooking to do (all the family has kindly given me light kitchen duty this year, though!!)
I assume you all know what I'll be thankful for this year?
Love y'all!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts