HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I started a loooong post today but got sidetracked with all the holiday baking and cooking, so I am saving it for tomorrow sometime. I have so many thoughts to share with you all!!
I am in love, absolutely in love, with my second CI. I've had some issues with it today (long story short, I need another processor, which has been ordered, and will be here ASAP, but is still working), but I looooooove it anyway. I have heard so much with it...and with such amazing clarity. Voices still sound kind of strange....kids' voices, in particular...but they're getting better already. I went to church tonight and was amazed how much easier it was to understand everyone...the teachers, my friends, EVERYONE. The sound that's coming in keeps me from having to work so hard to communicate...it's wonderful. During class I purposely didn't look at the teacher or whoever was commenting at the time to see what I could understand. I didn't get a lot, but I got way more than I ever thought I would...some people were so easy to understand that I could hear almost everything they said!
I had several "CI Moments" today....but I will share them tomorrow....it's late, and I'm tired.
I have so much to be thankful for this year...for my family, for my friends, for my blessings. Family and my wonderful friends...online and off...have supported me when I was struggling and encouraged me to keep going. All of my blogfriends have been tremendous supporters....and I am grateful for every single one of you. Everyone in my family's healthy and (mostly) happy, and we're well fed, have a roof over our head, and have everything we need.
Being able to hear this Thanksgiving is just the icing on the cake. I never dreamed that a cochlear implant could offer so much...from where I sit now, I see an amazing journey ahead. Thank you for sharing it with me...I love you all :)

Comments

Popular Posts