This and that...

...Well, after all yesterday's excitement, today's been a bit of a letdown...I was hoping that I'd hear a definite date sometime today but it didn't happen. I started getting a flurry of e-mails around 9 AM from the audiologist's office, the insurance girls, the other office girls, etc. In short order they had called BlueCross and confirmed that yes, they will be paying, and gotten whatever information they needed from them to proceed with the scheduling. After lunch I got an e-mail from one of the insurance girls telling me to call so-and-so to set up my surgery date. Hello...I don't call, folks. I haven't handled a phone in months, not counting my cell phone, which is just for texting. I wasn't too irritated, more amused than anything that they expect deaf folks to call to make appointments. Anyhow, I e-mailed them back and told them that I didn't do phones and asked if it would be possible for me to handle my scheduling via e-mail. In short order I got an e-mail back, saying sure thing, I could do that. I sent an e-mail to the surgery coordinator around 2 or so but haven't heard back from her today, so I'll wait a little longer. My audiologist, Susan, said if I hadn't heard anything in a day or so to get in touch and she'd help out. It took a few days, best I remember, for everything to get straightened out with implant #1, so I'm trying to just simmer down and be patient :).
What I do remember about implant #1 was that I got approval on August 28th, was initially scheduled for October 22nd, and was offered a cancellation spot just days later, resulting in an actual surgery date of September 11th....just two weeks later. I'm not going to count on that again, but anything's possible, so I'm not planning anything too far ahead until I have a better idea of what Dr. Haynes' schedule looks like :)
I do have one thing planned, though, that I don't want anything to get in the way of. Mid-October, I'm traveling to Savannah for the First Annual Southeastern Bloggin' Babe Tour (Melli, did I get all that right?). Some of the babes will be there all week...but I'll probably just be there a few days. I am SO excited about seeing Daisy and Sandy again (this picture of two of my favorite babes and me was taken last year in Savannah!) , but this time Melli and Jane will be there too!! There will be a couple of other "Babes" there but I don't know them quite so well...I have no fear, though...I know I'll love 'em :). No...if my surgery date threatens to disrupt my Babe tour, it's just gonna have to wait!! :)Oh! A CI story for y'all! I used to hear of stuff like this happening to other people, and thought it was funny, and now it's happened to me too. I was at Sonic the other day ordering my usual Diet Cherry Limeade and leaned my head out the window in an effort to hear the girl on the speaker better (I LOVE Diet Cherry Limeades, but Sonic is the WORST place to order something :( ). Anyhow, the girl was talking, I was trying to listen, and all of a sudden the magnet on my processor decided it liked the van door better than me and flew off. When that happens, the sound stops instantly, so of course I had no idea what the girl was saying. I was ever so thankful for teenage daughters at that moment...Katie quickly jumped in and helped me finish my order. I'm forever knocking the magnet off taking off shirts, pushing my hair behind my ears, etc. but that was the first time I'd lost it to another magnet :)!
I don't put a lot of stock in Weatherbug, but when I got home from my walk tonight it was supposedly 95 degrees. It WAS pretty hot. I just told hubby that the way things have been here, when the temperature drops down in the 80s in a few weeks, we're gonna feel downright chilly ;). There was very little running tonight...just too hot. I wish I were more of a morning person, 'cause that's definitely the time to do it. I'm tempted to just take a break but I'm afraid that if I do I will have a hard time starting back up. I just keep telling myself that it will cool off in a few days...it has to...oh please...
Headed to bed...hope everyone's having an awesome week!! :) Love y'all....
<3

Comments

Popular Posts