Shift Change:

I was supposed to work 1-10 PM for the next two weeks, but now I have to work 7-4 instead. This night owl is going to be one dead duck in a few days...whew! I see lots of naps ahead!!!
I love my job...and the girls that I'm working with are just great....sweet and friendly. I have a lot to learn still but they are making it fun for me. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have picked the weeks leading up to Christmas to start a new job, but I think it will work out...might be a good bit more stressful this year, but it will work :). I will be off on Sundays, and I will have next Thursday (the 20th) off...and will more than likely have to use that day to finish my Christmas shopping!!!! Blogging may be scarce until the holidays are over!
I was surprised at how much I actually heard today at work. I wouldn't have dared to try to use the phone there...too loud...but I could hear the girls talking to me over most of the noise and did pretty well understanding them. I was afraid I'd have a hard time talking to customers but I don't think that will be a problem either. We do have a lot of Hispanic people in our area and I think I'll have even a little more trouble with that language barrier than most people might, but we'll work something out :).
I am still amazed every day at how good things sound...not only am I hearing them, but I hear most sounds clearly and with very little distortion. Some voices still sound unnatural (mine in particular) but unless you focus on it, the brain tends to actually just ignore it. I have been told by a few people that I seem a little quieter than usual. I'm not sure if that's actually so or not but my voice still sounds louder than anyone else's, plus it sounds WORSE, and I think that it makes me a little more self-conscious when I talk. I know that my voice doesn't sound to other people the way it does to me, but it's still kind of hard to not think about it (I've always been a little self-conscious anyway). I just think it's kind of funny that now that I can hear, nobody can hear me! Gonna have to work on that!
OK...getting off here, and going to bed....love y'all!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts