Five more days!!!!

I can hardly wait!! I have been waiting for this for so long! We started the whole process to get this second implant back in April. Patience has never been my strong suit, so the wait has been absolutely grueling. Now that it's finally almost here, I keep waiting for something to happen to make it not happen...I'll get sick, or the doctor will get sick, or something...it's hard to believe that it's really going to happen after all this time!
I got an e-mail from my friend Shari yesterday inviting hubby and me to come spend the night with her and her hubby on Sunday night. I met Shari in OKC at the HLAA convention and have had a ball getting to know her over the past few months. I tell everyone she's my twin sister...we look similar, we have similar personalities, and we're both deaf...what a pair! She lives five minutes away from the outpatient surgical center where I'll be having my surgery Monday morning....which is great, since it's over an hour from our house, and I have to be there at *ack* 6 am! So now I have something else to look forward to!
This past week I've been INSANELY busy....four bedrooms in this house, and we're ALL changing rooms, which has been a TON of work. All of them are done except for our old bedroom, which Will is moving into. I have to go down there and finish cleaning it out and then we have to paint it before he moves down there (it's a gorgeous aqua color right now but he's not big on it). That's what I've been doing all week...argh! I've gotten sidelined quite a bit: we had to go shopping for fall clothes last weekend and we had a cookout that took up a good bit of my work time. I had the Pneumovax 23-valent shot on Friday (AB recommends that to prevent meningitis, and the surgical center asked if I'd had it when they called to confirm, so apparently, it's a big deal!) and felt crummy all weekend...I still worked....just felt crummy doing it. I still have a bit left to do...but we'll get it done! :)
I love reading CI stories, but the little ones and their parents have a special place in my heart. Ethan had his sequential bilateral surgery yesterday and came through just fine...his mama has a picture up :). Erin got her second implant October 1st and will be activated tomorrow...I am excited about that update...she has done great with her first CI and I know she'll do even better with her second!! And, if you want to see something that just melts you into a puddle of goo (it did me), go check out Landon's page. Landon had both ears done at once, also on Oct. 1st, and was activated Monday. His mom posted videos...and they had me grinning from ear to ear....DEFINITELY worth watching!!!
We won't be doing the trick-or-treating thing this year...since we have church. We might have to take the kids to Dairy Queen or something to make it up to them...which is fine with me. I am not a fan of Halloween...walking around in the dark is no fun for me, although the kids love it, so I've always indulged them. The girls did dress up a bit today for school, so I think they're fine with it...thankfully :)
Hope everyone's having a great week!! Love y'all....

Comments

Popular Posts