Shoulda expected that....

...when I don't post real posts, I don't get many comments (I love ya, Suzy! You're awesome! ;) )!! I told ya it was a slow news day :)
I got up this morning early so I could get my walk in before Good Morning America came on. I ran a good bit of it and made really good time...about four minutes less than usual...yay! :) I had to slow down at one point and scrape a wet cigarette butt off the bottom of my shoe, and scared myself to death when I did that because I didn't have my processor on and when I turned to scrape my shoe there was a big old truck right there in my face...I never heard it at all. I kind of gave up wearing it when I walk because a lot of the sounds I heard were confusing...I would hear what I thought was a car and it would be an air conditioner unit, so the next time I heard the sound, I'd think, "Nah, that's just an air conditioner" and turn and there would be a car in my face. Now I just walk and don't listen to any of it and it's really peaceful actually. Kinda awkward sometimes when I pass folks walking and they speak to me. They're usually on the other side of the street, so it's not like I'd hear them that well anyhow. I attempt to lip read to the best of my ability and guess the rest. If they think I'm an idiot for giving them the wrong answer to their questions ("What do you think of this weather we're having?" "I"m fine, thanks, how are you?"), oh well ;) I pretty much see the same people all the time and I think they mostly know I don't hear them very well, so it's not that big of a problem :)
I had my second surgery tentatively scheduled for last Monday (the 9th) but had to cancel it, obviously, as BlueCross is giving out NO information about the status of my appeal. I decided yesterday that I was tired of waiting to hear from them and so now they will hear from me. I sent my first e-mail yesterday and if I don't hear something soon I'll probably start sending at least one a week until I hear something. I was really hoping that they would cooperate nicely and I could work in my second surgery before school starts back, but since school starts in a month, I don't see that happening!! Argh! I know it could drag on forever...author Michael Chorost has been appealing his second CI for months. You'd think that someone with the influence he has would be able to get the attention of his insurance company...you think they're just gluttons for bad publicity??
I ran across some really interesting writing over at the Bionic Ear Blog. If you're interested, read Meryl's posts on "Isolation" and "Initiating Conversations". I can't say that I would have written them word for word, but I found myself nodding to myself, yes, yes, and yes, all the way through. Like I said before, I'm really social, so I try not to let isolation or initiating conversations be too big of a barrier to me, but sometimes I really have to give myself a little pep talk before I go anywhere!
Will went to see Harry Potter tonight...he is under strict orders not to discuss too much of the movie with me when he gets home (although I've read the book, of course!). I can't wait until it's my turn!
I got a haircut today (not much shorter....just enough so that it didn't look like I was trying to grow a mullet)....came home and did a little housework....made some more spicy brown rice and a pan of brownies to take to tonight's Bible study. The little girls and I walked over there (it's about 4/10ths of a mile) and hubby drove the food over in the van :) We got home around 10:30 and now that I've caught up on blogs and e-mail, I'm watching America's Funniest Home videos...love that show :) Tomorrow we're supposed to go to Sue's for a cookout...I am praying that it won't rain. I love those cookouts, and if it gets rained out I don't know what we'll do....we have to do something!! Saturday I'm going to my first meeting of the Nashville branch of the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA for short). I am really looking forward to that. I met a girl from that group while I was in Oklahoma City, so I'll know at least one person there, and I'm excited about meeting everyone else too :)
Sometime in the next two or three days, I'll get my 30,000th visitor! Laurie was visitor number 20,000 on January 31st. Wonder who number 30,000 will be? If it's you, leave me a comment, eh? You can tell if you're the lucky one by looking at my Sitemeter hit box over here in the sidebar-------------------->
It is about two or three clicks down the page, just beneath my cartoon flower and my clock. Just a heads up so if you're a regular visitor you'll know to look :)
Going to shut this pooter down and watch AFV. Kermit the Frog is co-hosting tonight's show, so I have to watch...he's one of my favorite leading men, you know! Night all.... :)
<3

Comments

Popular Posts