Please....

Check out my Walk4Hearing Page! I participated in the Tampa, Florida walk last year, and with the support of many of you I raised $1200.00!! I would love to meet or exceed that goal this year. I know that budgets are tight everywhere, but this is such a worthwhile cause. Hearing loss affects people all around us, and HLAA is at the forefront trying to make sure that we have the education, the advocates in Washington, and the support that we need to best be able to not only survive, but thrive in the hearing world around us :).

My personal connection with HLAA started nearly two years ago when my audiologist recommended that I join HLAA to keep up with the latest in hearing loss news. I had little interest in things related to hearing loss or deafness...I signed up merely to humor the woman :). A few days later I got an invitation to the National Convention in Oklahoma City, OK, and the rest was history. Being with people that were like me was so comforting and reassuring and relaxing...I fell in love with the organization immediately. I came home to Tennessee and got involved with the Nashville chapter. It has changed me in so many ways...I am so much more confident, so much better educated, and learn something new every week about things I can do to make my own life as a hearing impaired person easier. I wish I had found this group long ago!

I am passionate about making a difference in not only my life, but in the lives of deaf and hard of hearing people around me. Won't you please donate whatever you can and help me reach my goal?

Comments

Popular Posts