Wow!

I really, really, really didn't realize that it had been that long since I posted anything until last week. Then I noted the date of that last post and thought, "wow...too long!" I had a few things that I wanted to wait about before I posted, so I decided to just hold out.
First of all, surgery is confirmed for the 28th...I have all the paperwork and everything. I have to be there at like 8:30 in the morning but the surgery is not until 2. I can't believe I will have to be coffee- and food-deprived for so long...grrrrrr!! Anyway...hard to believe that two weeks from Thursday it will be over and done with....hooray! :)
I spent Thursday night in Nashville with Laurie! She came down for her quarterly Governor's Council meeting and invited me to come stay at the DoubleTree with her. We went to PF Chang's for dinner and then stayed up and talked for a while. I had picked up a brand new Hewlett-Packard laptop on the way there so we played with that for a while...I love a new toy! :). We were IMing with Abbie and she suggested we download ooVoo. After we did that we were up WAY too late...we were having too much fun to go to sleep!!! I went to Laurie's meeting with her on Friday morning. It was at the League for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in downtown Nashville, and there was a class they were offering that I wanted to take so I signed up for it while I was there. I will be taking Conversational ASL on Tuesday nights starting on Sept. 9th and going through Thanksgiving, I think. I have been wanting to learn it for a long time and last year the schedule didn't work so that I could go....this year, thankfully, it works out fine! The first class will be 12 days after my surgery...I am assuming that I will be driving by that point *crosses fingers*. This is just a Level 1 class...they will offer Level 2 in the spring. I want to learn as much as possible before the HLAA convention next summer!
Saturday was our monthly HLAA meeting. We had the officer elections this month and I was absolutely thrilled to death when they voted me in as president of our group! When they nominated me last month I was so excited about the possibility...especially with the convention being here next summer it will give me so many new opportunities and will introduce me to so many great new people. HLAA is trying to get more young people involved in the organization and is trying to make next year's convention more "youth-friendly". I'm a member of a group that was put together by HLAA to try to reach out to young adults. Funny thing is that I'm technically too old to be one of the "young adults"...for categorization purposes, they are calling the 18-35 age group "young" and I will be 37 in September! If you read this blog and you're deaf/hard of hearing and under 35, please let me hear from you...I need your input on several things...thank you! :) I am also the new webmaster of the Nashville HLAA website...does anyone have any tips for working with Bravenet? I am having a time with it (too blonde, perhaps)...I am looking for other web hosting sites that are easier to use for when our domain expires in the spring!
The past few weeks have been busy with various home things...the girls are starting to school this week and next and I'm trying to finish rounding up our home school materials for the high school kids. The rest of the month looks equally busy...it will be a relief when September gets here and we can settle into some sort of routine!
OK...off to finish my grocery list and head out to the store...will try to update a little sooner next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts