Update:

I've (almost) survived the week! Hallelujah!
It's been a kind of cruddy one. At first I thought I could smile my way out of it and everything would be fine, but after a day or so, I realized that I don't like any of this one bit, and I want it fixed, and I want it fixed now. And, unfortunately, progress is s-l-o-w. My mom came over today and we got the phone and she called my audiologist and my previous audiologist (no more phone for me, unfortunately. Now we wait for my lovely TTY machine to arrive in the mail), trying to figure out what's going on, when it's going on, and who's doing it. Anyhow, I think we have the "who" (he came highly recommended by both new audiologist and old). It's the "when" that's making me whine. Robin said that it might likely be June before I can have the surgery, since this wonderful doctor is so wonderful and in high demand. In the meantime, she said it will more than likely be as long as another week before I even know when my evaluations will be. Apparently, I will have a long day of tests, all at once, and the different testers all have to coordinate their respective schedules and get back with me. After the testing, they will let me know if I am even a candidate for the surgery, and then we will set a date.
I am SO, SO glad I am back on my anti-depressants. (Did I mention that?) I can't tell that I'm on 'em, exactly, but if I wasn't, I can't imagine how I'd be, since right now I just want to crawl into bed and stay there until June.
My husband said tonight that I might want to just leave my hearing aid out some days and enjoy the quiet. It wasn't a bad idea. It would give the kids and me both some idea of what might be ahead and I wouldn't have to listen to this garble I'm hearing now! Perhaps just half a day or so here and there. Something to think about.
If you have read this far, thanks for your support. I know that the positive, chirpy me is still in here somewhere, but she's taking a break, I think ;). This is the real me right now. Blech!
Keep praying! :)

Comments

Popular Posts