Takin' a road trip!

I'm leaving in the morning for Florida! The Walk4Hearing will be Saturday morning bright and early and I'm just taking my sweet time getting there. I'm taking a little detour through Tallahassee to see Joyce...and will stay there tomorrow night. Then it's on to Tampa...I plan to get there sometime Friday night. The rest of the weekend will basically just be played by ear...depending on how tired I am, etc. I will be blogging about it as it happens...so stay tuned for pictures and the play-by-play!
There is a Whataburger in Tallahassee, and Joyce has promised to take me for lunch on Friday...hooray! (can you tell it doesn't take much to make this girl happy?)
I did a little packing and a good bit of cleaning today, then went off to get my hair worked on for a while. I had been having issues with the hair ever since I cut it several weeks ago...and could NOT get it right. I'm proud to say that I think we got a handle on it today and it looks better than it has in a while...*whew*. There will be pictures over the next few days so you'll have opportunity to see it...and that's all I'll say about that! :)
Packing with the new ear has been different from my normal packing routine...I haven't traveled with all the CI gear before. When I went to OKC last summer I just took the charger and the processor and that was about it. I think I figured that if anything happened I wouldn't be much worse off, since I didn't hear that well with it to start with. This time, though, I want all systems go at all times, so I've packed everything but the European outlet converter (I hope I won't need that in Florida). I have the car charger so I can charge batteries in the car if need be. I'm also wired to the teeth with BlackBerry, charger for that, camera, charger for camera battery, laptop, and laptop cord. I have more "stuff" than clothes, I think!
David came through his melonectomy fine...and has quite the incision to show for it! Laurie also has gorgeous grandbaby pictures posted...I would love to get my hands on that little one!
OK...off to bed...but watch this space! I'll be posting from Florida soon! Prayers for my safety will, of course, be appreciated!!
Love y'all! :)

Comments

Popular Posts