WIld Wednesday!

Just wanted to give y'all a quick update...I saw the audiologist today and she tweaked my processor's program again. She said that last time I didn't tolerate higher sounds (women's voices, etc) well, so she was going to try them again. I'm happy to report that this time I am tolerating them much better, apparently, and that the particular programming has a really nice sound to it. It still doesn't sound "natural" but it sounds a good bit better than it did. On the way home, I put in my Little Big Town CD and turned it waaaaaaay up so that the windows were shaking and just listened to "Boondocks" a few times :). It doesn't sound just like I remembered it, but the music certainly sounded more "musical" this time. I don't know if I'll ever get it all back, but I have a good memory of what it used to sound like, and I hope I can keep that :) I listened to "Stay" on that same CD, which is sung by one of the women (don't ask me which one...I just keep up with the men ;) ) and it didn't sound great...female artists just don't sound great yet (I'm holding out hope...I wanna hear Sara Evans sing "Saints and Angels" again! :) ). Susan and I talked again about the whole insurance thing. I've kept this a secret from the insurance company, but I have a surgery date set for my second surgery...we can always cancel it if they don't come through....and it's less than a month away. I told Susan that I thought I should cancel it and free up the spot for someone else, and she told me not to...that she is working on getting it pushed through. Sooooo....we'll see :) More details later, ya know ;)
Today was full of little frustrations...all sorts of little tiny things went wrong all day long (the army surplus store didn't have much to pick from in the way of camo shirts...can you believe it?)...I am hoping that a good night's sleep will help make tomorrow go a little smoother. Will has to work tomorrow, after all (he was supposed to be off) so I need to get to bed so I'll be able to get up again in a few hours!
I'm making the recipe for cheese dip on John's blog and this recipe for pineapple upside down cake tomorrow (well, today ;) ). You know you wish you were here to help me eat it ;)
Love to all..... <3

Comments

Popular Posts