...I'm on Music Valley Drive spending the night with Laurie!! We have had such a great time today!!
My day got off to a rough start...I didn't go to sleep until 2 AM this morning, due to allergies, and woke up at 5 AM, for the same reason, and couldn't go back to sleep *sigh*. I actually couldn't talk this morning and was afraid that that would cramp my style when I got to Nashville, so I went to Walgreen's and picked up some Claritin. I still feel icky, but much better :)
I met Laurie over at the League for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing where she was having her meeting. The meeting was breaking up when I got there around noon so I got to meet a few new people that I hadn't met before :) We didn't stay there long...we were hungry!! We went to eat lunch and took a picture in front of Chili's, where we met for the first time last year.
Then we went over to the American Quilter's Society Expo over at the Opryland convention center. We had texted Dixie and let her know we were coming and she and her husband Gerry were waiting for us when we walked in the door! It was SO good to see her again...it had probably been a year since I'd seen her last. We spent some time walking around with them and more time on our own checking out the different exhibits and the quilt contest. My grandmother used to quilt years ago when I was a little girl and I love looking at them :) There were over 300 vendors there, if I remember right, and it was jam-packed. We stayed there a couple of hours (didn't see half the stuff there) and then met up with a couple of Laurie's friends, Karen and Rachel. Karen and Laurie met online years ago, and went out to dinner with them at Tony Roma's. Karen has a son that lives in Nashville, and she loves to quilt, so was combining the two in one visit this weekend! (Rachel and Karen, below) It was really neat to talk to Karen because she has twin daughters that are deaf: one was implanted with a CI six years ago (I hope that's right) and the other just weeks ago (she was activated with her new Advanced Bionics Harmony this week!!). She really knows her stuff when it comes to CIs, so she was really fun to talk to (Poor Rachel...we didn't let her talk much...I'm so sorry, Rachel!!)
Got an interesting e-mail from Gloria Garner over at Advanced Bionics last night, saying that current implantees that have the CII or HiRes 90K internal component are all invited to a "Harmony Social". There will be two: one in Kansas City, MO, and one in Dallas, TX. What they'll do then is give people the chance to actually wear the new Harmony processor and see how it sounds for themselves. This sounds like a really NEAT opportunity...a sort of "try-before-you-buy" thing...if I didn't already have my Harmony I would be jumping up and down at a chance to test drive one!! Here are some details:

Who: Advanced Bionics® cochlear implant recipients with a CII or HiRes 90k implant *

When: Monday, September 10, 2007 6:30-8:30 PM
Where: Hilton Lincoln Center
5410 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240-6276

What: Experience Harmony for yourself at our upcoming Harmony social. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the Harmony sound processor and the new HiRes Fidelity 120® sound strategy and try them out for yourself during our evening event. Representatives will be on site to provide information on how you can upgrade.

...and then the next day:

Who: Advanced Bionics® cochlear implant recipients with a CII or HiRes 90k implant * (

When: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 6:30-8:30 PM

Where: Midwest Ear Institute
4200 Pennsylvania, # 100
Kansas City, Missouri 64111


If you have any questions about any of that, give me a holler and I'll try to find out what you need to know, OK?
Tomorrow morning we're going to try to meet up with Dixie and Gerry again and eat breakfast (will try to get pictures then), then I'm headed home for a birthday party. Will yak at y'all later...
<3

Comments

Popular Posts